- Written by salton-maxim co.
- Hits: 17743
Making Espresso Coffee with the Salton-Maxim 450Guide for Photo at right.
- 1.) Steam boiler cap
- 2.) Portafilter lock
- 3.) Power/Brew/Steam mode switch
- 4.) Coffee holder portafilter
- 5.) Steam wand
- 6.) Glass Coffee Carafe
1. Make sure the function knob is in the "OFF" position. Plug the espresso/cappuccino maker into a 120V AC electrical outlet.
2. Remove the safety lid by turning it counter-clockwise and remove from the appliance.
3. Fill carafe with two to four cups of cold water, using the markings on the carafe for reference. Pour into the water reservoir. Place the cover on the carafe and return the carafe to the drip plate.
4. Close the safety lid tightly by turning clockwise.
5. Remove the filter basket and holder from the espresso/ cappuccino maker by turning clockwise. With the measuring spoon, measure espresso coffee and place into the filter basket. (Do not compress/tamp the coffee.)
NOTE: Be sure to use coffee which is MEDIUM Do NOT use a fine or espresso-type grind.
6. Place the filter basket into the filter holder.
7. Insert the filter holder into the brewing head lock, pushing it upward so it will be aligned with the matching slots. Turn handle counter-clockwise until securely locked.
8. Switch the function knob to "BREW:"
9. After approximately four minutes, espresso coffee will flow into the carafe.
NOTE: For cappuccino, refer immediately to the Making Cappuccino section on page 4.
10. Do not open the safety lid or remove the filter holder during the brewing process - scalding may occur.
11. When the coffee has stopped flowing into the carafe, turn the function knob to the "OFF" position.
12. BEFORE REMOVING THE FILTER HOLDER OR THE SAFETY LID, TURN THE FUNCTION KNOB TO steam mode AND WAIT UNTIL NO FURTHER STEAM
EMERGES FROM THE STEAM NOZZLE.
Then turn the function knob back to the "OFF" position.